Thursday, November 13, 2008

Before and After : Our Bathroom



The bathroom was perhaps the most extreme makeover in our Chicago apartment. It was really dirty... While Dave was away at Aphasia Camp, I spent 3 days scrubbing and painting.

I would like to get some better images, with daylight...


Before:


After:





Before:


After:





Note the ugly brown cabinets before:


After:





More after shots:






I am obsessed with the color "Dirty Robin's Egg Blue." It perfectly compliments the mushroomy greige in the rest of the apartment, so mixed my own version from some left over paint. A week after painting the bathroom I found an actual dirty robin's egg, and the color is an exact match- I am a color mixing genius!! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a better picture before breaking the egg shell:





The bathroom window presented a large problem. The wood on the is rotten. Since this is a rental, our solution was to let it dry out and paint the hell out of it... I used some special primer and then many coats of glossy bathroom paint. The other major problem was privacy. We didn't want to have a second shower curtain. I got inspired by this genius "window film" in a 2Jane catalog, and made my own using double stick tape and plastic drawer liner.










No comments: