Thursday, January 15, 2009

Domino House Tours : Jenna Lyons



I have been drooling over J. Crew creative director, Jenna Lyons', beautiful 1890s Brooklyn brownstone (featured in November's Domino.)  This is an incredible combination of turn of the century opulent architecture with a refined yet modern palette of light grey, white, charcoal  black (chalkboard paint!) and fabulous canary yellow. 

I am so inspired, in fact, that I am planning the redesign of my new Williamsburg studio around a very similar palette, incorporating accents of a vivid marigold yellow with the dark "greige" we used in our Chicago apartment (not that dissimilar from this blog's background color) and, of course, glossy white trim. 








ALL PHOTOs BY MELANIE ACEVEDO

There are plenty of fabulous secrets to this style (such as how Jenna sprayed the brass bath features with salt water for a weathered effect) in the full story on  Dominomag.com.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely design indeed. The wooden floor in the bedroom is fantastic! I like everything about it, except the yellow ceiling. Anyway, this is surely something to be drooling about!
Take care,
Elli

Natural dos Açores said...

I just love the post!!! Is now growing a young brand that I think they liked to visit and see their products very appealing! the site is munnadesign.com